A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy financial industry press releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, Sept. 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the finance industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- USAA Survey Data Shows Inflation Affecting Discretionary Spending; Retirement Preparations Largely Untouched
Inflation is top-of-mind for most Americans, as a majority say that they have reduced household spending in many areas except when it comes to retirement savings and life insurance.
- Truist Insurance Holdings further enhances premium finance business with acquisition of BankDirect Capital Finance
The transaction will add over $3 billion in loans to Truist Insurance Holdings’ premium finance business—which also includes CAFO Inc., its Canadian operation—while broadening its business into the life insurance arena.
- Meet the 50 Leaders of Change taking us into a new economy
50 Leaders of Change, a campaign by acclaimed production company TBD Media Group, is bringing the stories of the world’s most innovative businesses from across sectors to showcase their vision of the future.
- Salary Increase Budgets Reach 20-Year High
Sue Holloway, Director, WorldatWork, says, “The rapid rise in salary increase budgets over the past couple years, combined with today’s volatile economic environment, challenge HR pros to leverage data and think strategically as they formulate 2023 compensation budget recommendations and negotiate with CFOs.”
- Home Showing Activity Slows as Buyer Demand Continues Rebalancing from Historic Highs
July’s foot traffic is down year-over-year across the U.S., according to data from ShowingTime, reflective of last summer’s incredible surge in buyer demand.
- ADP National Employment Report: Private Sector Employment Increased by 132,000 Jobs in August; Annual Pay was Up 7.6%
“Our data suggests a shift toward a more conservative pace of hiring, possibly as companies try to decipher the economy’s conflicting signals,” said Nela Richardson, chief economist, ADP. “We could be at an inflection point, from super-charged job gains to something more normal.”
- Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Invests in REC, a Resource Hub for Creators
Founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients, Will Toms & Dave Silver, REC is an ecosystem designed and dedicated to providing creative people with the resources, communities and opportunities to pursue their passions and entrepreneurial goals.
- Minority Equality Opportunities Acquisition Inc. Announces Merger with Hispanic-Led and founded Cloud Services Company Digerati Technologies
The all-stock transaction forms a company with an initial equity value of approximately $228 million translating into an enterprise value of approximately $145 million, assuming no redemptions from MEOA’s shareholders.
Read more of the latest finance-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNfinance on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire